Schemes/ Projects Implemnted by the Department / Office
The department is one of the public related dept. where so many Central/State scheme are implemented since year to year.
- State Govt. Sponsored Schemes –
1) Income Generation Intervention to the Handloom weavers – in this scheme the department provides fly shuttle frame looms to the individual handloom weavers for upgradation of skill and weaving activites which are selected through the DLSC, headed by the Deputy Commissioner, Nagon as Chairman. They are also provided with financial assistance time to time as per Govt. guidelines.
2) Economic Upliftment to Handloom Weavers under SOPD (G) – In this scheme the department selects through the DLSC, headed by the Deputy Commissioner, Nagaon as Chairman. The Handloom SHGs with a minimum of 10 no. of members are selected for their economic umpliftment. The scheme includes skilled handloom training, provides yarn & frame looms & financial assistance to the weavers for their economic upgradation.
3) Yarn bank – Yarn Bank set up at Nagaon by the Director, H & T, Assam facilitates availing yarn at subsidised rate sourced through ARTFED, Assam.
b) Centrally Sponsored Schemes :-
1) Block level Cluster – This scheme is implemented by the Director, H & T, Assam which is monitored by ADHT, Nagaon. At present one Block level Cluster is run by Lakhimi BKSS Ltd. Amonisali, Raha. This scheme comprises of 950 weaver members under Raha Block. The scheme includes skilled handloom training, provides yarn & frame looms & financial assistance to the weavers for their economic upgradation.
2) SAMARTH – Ministry of Textiles, GOI has selected Directorate, H & T, Assam as an implementing agency of SAMARTH. As some of the weavers in Nagaon are under trained or has minimum skill in handloom activities, SAMARTH provides training in Handloom, Jacquard & Design Skill development. Master trainers & Asst trainers are appointed by the Directorate, H & T, Assam for trained up the candidates.